Amethyst is a purple variety of quartz, and is found in many locations worldwide, including Brazil and Uruguay. Varieties include Chevron Amethyst, which has banding of white quartz in, and Ametrine, which is a naturally occuring combination of Amethyst and Citrine.
Amethyst first become known as a crystal to protect against drinking and addiction when the Greeks used it as a talisman against drunkenness. Their legend goes that the drunken God Dionysus set his tigers on the young Amethysta, and then, realising what he had done, turned her into a giant clear quartz crystal. His tears of remorse then stained the clear quartz purple, creating Amethyst.
Amethyst Properties include:
- Promotes harmony, enlightenment, connection to spirit.
- Increased wisdom and tolerance.
- Good for meditation and spirituality.
- Relieves hangovers and helps cure drunkeness.
- Enhance psychic ability
- St Valentines Stone, for faithful love and deep connections.
- The Artists Stone, Composers Stone, Poets Stone, Painters Stone, and Inventors Stone.
- Help with creativity.
- Known as the “All Healer” for people, plants and animals.
- Protects against psychic attack.
- “Nature's Tranquiliser” calms and soothes OCD and hyperactivity. Insomnia and bad dreams, fear of the dark.
- Calms angry temperaments, helps debates and public speaking
- A strong healer and cleanser
- Luck and prosperity, lessens overspending, gambling, overindulgence and bad habits
- Promotes wealth and business success
- Relieves homesickness and stress
- Helps with insomnia, remembering and understanding dreams
- Alleviates sadness/grief
- Calms and stimulates mind – aiding focus, memory and motivation
- Improves negotiating skills and decision making
Almost all our photos are taken in a photography lightbox to provide consistent lighting, please note crystal and mineral appearances and colour will vary slightly in different lighting conditions.
Deliveries to the EU will be subject to VAT at your local country rate, plus possible handling charges, for more info about delivery, see FAQ here.
Please note that as crystals and minerals are natural, they may not be as perfect as glass or man-made replicas. Softer stones in particular such as jet and satin spar have natural marks on them, so please handle them gently.
All crystal properties are based on metaphysical beliefs, and should not be used as a substitute for medical care. For metaphysical and geological properties of each crystal, please download our free app, more information here.
Our top priority is ensuring your crystals arrive in perfect condition, but also in a way that has as little impact on the planet as possible. We use box suppliers who create our boxes out of recycled and sustainable materials, our padded envelopes are from a Climate Neutral company who use FSC certified sources, and our bubble wrap is recyclable.
We are also partnered with Ecologi and Eden Reforestation Projects, read more about this and our company ethics here.
Don't forget to join our loyalty scheme for money off and free crystals!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.